Saturday, December 31, 2011

Resolutions : Jan 1st 2012 to Dec 30th 2012



However juvenile it may sound, but I make these resolutions every new- year evening.

World over ..the resolutions are necessarily about ‘quitting some addiction, doing some health thing or reducing body weight’. I mean ..nobody has ever resolved to …say… eat 10 Big Macs for lunch or take two patialas of Smirnoff at 8 am or something…….

After quitting nicotine consumption of every kind , I have very few vices left to quit in the resolution routine.

I have this face book addiction.

I get pretty irresistible desire to get drunk while watching third thriller in a row on HBO.

I have grown 5 something pants which won’t fit on my waist.

My memory at age 56 has begun to ditch me even in official settings and I have been left many times at the mercy of my client’s kindness. Hell, I am gonna do something about it :

Following resolutions are going to address some of the stuff I have been meaning to achieve :

1. 1. No booze or meat over next 365 dez.

2. 2. MUST get ready @/before 8 am.. like the pro in Grisham’s novel . Ready in Allen Solly casuals at my laptop in home-office .

3. 3. Not less than 5 Km daily brisk-walk or equivalent exercise before sundown.

4. 4. Not less than 25 printed-books to read ..over next 3650 hours.

5. 5. Must be on top of therapeutic (Global) frontiers and public health (Indian) matters in Malaria and AIDS.

No comments: